Mufflers To The Max has been a long standing mechanical and exhaust company on the Gold Coast and over the years established a very loyal following.
The company has taken a new direction with some performance and custom added services, taking on new staff with high skill sets in fabricating and custom work, adding to our already impressive services within the mechanical and exhaust industry.
Our mechanical services include full log book servicing of all makes and models of vehicles including full diagnostic services with state of the art blue tooth scan tools and general mechanical repairs and fitment of replacement parts, from engines, suspension, brakes, gearboxes and differentials.
The company has just completed its 3rd year anniversary under new ownership, Pete and Glenys Levien owner operators who have made the Gold Coast home with family and grandkids on the Coast also along with the business this has made for a great lifestyle move.
Changing the appearance and branding of the company was the decision to give the company a more professional position in the industry as a whole. Now running new logo and black livery on the premises making the building stand out.
Pete has had a career that has given him a wide experience in many fields, with sound business knowledge after ownership of numerous companies and also being brought up in a family run earthmoving business and transport company. This gave Pete valuable experience and a sound mechanical knowledge in heavy diesel mechanics and engineering which led into starting his own companies down the track.
Owning his ownTransport business running 8 wheeler crane trucks and 4 axle trailers carting general freight and wide load haulage throughout the South Island of New Zealand, with extensive truck mounted crane experience.
Purchasing Mufflers to the Max has allowed Pete to pursue his love of performance cars and automotive accessories, with the plan to always move the business in the direction of being a full custom workshop for performance cars and pickups. Growing up in a family that loved anything with a V8, performance modifications to any vehicle was just a given. Circuit and drag racing was a family tradition going to stockcar events as a family night out with the smell of racing fuel and the taste of hot chips and hotdogs a staple diet, you could say horsepower and everything that goes with that was bred into the family from a young age.
Mufflers to the Max Services
- Engine building services: specialising in performance setups for hotrods, street cars and race cars
- Carburetor: rebuilding and tuning
- Mechanical repairs: covering anything mechanical with the vehicle from engine to differential
- Suspension: supply, fitment and setup of coil overs, lowering springs and lift kits and general suspension repairs and replacements
- Brakes: we supply and fit all performance brake upgrades and standard fitment brake setups
- Wheel alignment: comprehensive setup including customer printouts
- Underbody Safety Checks: covering all steering and suspension components
- Performance Exhaust: supply and fitment of performance exhaust systems , turbo-back, engine-back,cat-back and axle-back setups. We are dealers for:
Xforce, Magnaflow, Pacemaker, Hurricane, Redback Xtreme and King Brown 4x4 systems.
- Performance Parts: we supply and fit all performance parts, headers, intake manifolds, air intakes, carburetors,
- Dyno Tuning: we organise tuning on all vehicles that have had engine back systems and hi-flow cat assemblies installed
- Fabrication and Design: Street Rod & Custom Speedshop - We offer full fabrication and design services from chassis fabrication, suspension bracket fabrication and full setup, diff work and setups, roll cage fabrication
- Hotrod and race car consignment builds: Street Rod & Custom Speedshop - Full design and fabrication from the ground up on all chassis work including brake and suspension setups right through to engine and transmission builds, to turn key setups. Your design or ours, we work with the customer to achieve the right spec and get the build nailed to perfection
- Towbars: supply and fitment of Hayman Reece, Tag, and BTA bars including wiring.
Street Rod & Custom Speedshop- Was started to add to Mufflers to the Max performance/custom exhaust building and Pete's passion of building performance vehicles. Providing a wide range of scope in the industry from fitment of new engines incuding fabrication to custom work on chassis, suspension, brakes, drive line components etc. covering full builds through to minor modifications to any level.
Torque n Cars car event was started to bring more of this work through our workshop and in turn creating a fun event for all to attend on a regular basis.
Pete Levien: Owner Operator / CEO: comes from a very experienced background of business ownership, with experience in many fields such as heavy transport, earthmoving, drainage, building, diesel mechanical work and just a love of cars. Always looking to provide a better safer working enviroment for the staff and having fun while doing it. Efficiency, productivity and customer service is the driving passion of the company moving forward.
Pete has started the Car show Torque n Cars which was started pre-covid, now back in full swing held every 2 months at the workshop in Molendinar on the second Saturday of the month held. This is fast growing to be a favourite with the company, clients and local car enthusiasts. We have on site coffee cart for that much needed morning fix.
Glenys Levien: Owner/Administration/Accounts: Glenys has had a long career in transport, logistics, freight forwarding and administration, this coupled with her awesome customer service skills brings a real depth to the team. A real problem solver. She heads up the accounts side of the business and works along side Pete with all managerial duties and the day to day running of the company.
Marcio Brandini- Head Mechanic/fabricator/car builder: Marcio has been working for the company for over 2 years now and has brought into the company a wealth of experience in several fields. Highly experienced mechanic after running his own workshop in Brazil for many years which is still run by his brother. Marcio has sound knowledge in all aspects of car building from the mechanics through to suspension, brakes, differentials, engine building, chassis work and fabrication. An impressive port-folio of custom built hotrods and cars built over his carreer are his greatest passion. After 10 years of running 6 race cars on the track in Brazil as the head mechanic for a race team he gained a world of knowledge and experience in race car setup, maintenance and mechanical requirements for the track. Marcio is a valued member of our team.
Mack Williams- Exhaust Fitter/Fabricator: Mack, head exhaust fabricator with extensive experience in standard exhaust repairs and replacement systems. His specialty is custom built exhausts for Muscle cars, hotrods, street rods and classic cars. He takes pride in his work and the finished product is testimony to that. Mack is very experienced in tig and mig welding for the fabrication of mild steel through to alluminised and stainless systems. Specialising in using mandrel bends on all custom exhaust builds. Mack is a valued member of our team.
Jacob Buxton - Exhaust Fitter /Fabricator: Jacob is a casual worker for the company and has been trained in mig welding on production work and exhaust repairs and fitment. Jacob brings a big smile to work and is a great influence in the shop amongst the staff-just a great guy .
Staff Overview: The company prides itself on its staffs ability to work as a team, to achieve the work to a very high standard and complete the work load in front of them to time restraints set by the customer.
Customer service and quality control is paramount as a directive from management.